Yoshi's Touch and Go
|Yoshi's Touch and Go|
|Release Date(s)|| JP Jan 27, 05|
NA Mar 14, 05
EUMay 6, 05
AUS May 25, 05
|Composer(s)|| Asuka Ōta |
Yoshi and Baby Mario are about to embark on another wild adventure, this time on the Nintendo DS!
Using the Nintendo DS system's two screens and touch-screen capability, you'll have to help Yoshi guard Baby Mario and guide him to safety. On vertical-action levels, players must use the stylus to draw clouds on the touch screen to protect Baby Mario from enemies and lead him to Yoshi. On horizontal side-scrolling levels, players must use the stylus to look out for Yoshi as he gallops across the countryside. On top of all that, Yoshi Touch & Go also features two-player wireless play.
- Yoshi's Touch and Go features a two-player mode.
- Wireless Connection between two Nintendo DS consoles.
- Play in vertical and horizontal levels.
 Game Modes
Score Attack: The objective in this mode is to score as many points as you possibly can. If you've earned enough points between the start of the game and the end of the ground area, your score will be saved in the rankings. You earn points by collecting coins(Points may vary depending on their colors) You can also increase your score by hitting enemies with eggs.
Marathon: The objective of this mode is to get as far as you can with out dieing. Every 1000 yards(Starting at 3000Yds.) you get a new color of Yoshi. While you are going through the various ground levels you can still collect coins and points. You are rewarded every 100 points with a Super Star that turns you in to a Super baby with unlimited shooting stars and you also become invincible.
Time Attack: To unlock this mode, you must first Beat the High-Score in Score Attack. The objective of this game is to rescue Baby Luigi from the Toadies before they reach the end of the ground area. To rescue Baby Luigi you must hit each of the Toads with eggs several times in order to knock them away from Baby Luigi. Once you've knocked a Toady away, you must hit it once more with an egg.Keep it up till you get ride of them all.
 Vs. Battle
Two players can play with one game card via DS Download Play. In this game you are on the Touch Screen and your opponent is on the Top screen. You are in a race to the finish. As you go your Distance is counted down. The first person to get to the end or the last man standing is the winner of that round.
 Challenge Mode
Challenge mode can be unlocked when you beat the high-score for Marathon mode. The objective of this game is to get as far as you can within the time limit(To get more time collect coins or hit enemies). When the time runs out Kamek attacks and your game is over.
 Stylus Touch Action
- Draw Clouds- Draw clouds to create paths. Baby Mario and Yoshi will follow the cloudy paths you create. You can also draw walls of clouds to keep enemies away. Note: There is a limit to the amount of clouds you can draw at a time. If you pass this limit, your old clouds will start to disappear.
- Create Bubbles- Draw cloud circles to create bubbles(If you draw them to big you will not create bubbles). Enclose enemies in bubbles to turn them into coins. To throw bubbles, touch them with the stylus, slide the stylus in the direction you want to throw the bubble, then lift your stylus from the screen.
- About Yoshi: Yoshi can preform a variety of different actions just by touching the screen.
- Jump- When you touch Yoshi, he jumps. Each time you touch Yoshi while he is jumping he will do a flutter-kick jump.
- Throw Eggs- Touch the screen to throw an egg at the spot you touched.
- Eat Fruit- Whenever a piece of fruit is in front of Yoshi, he will automatically eat it. If you can get fruit into a bubble, you can slide the bubble to Yoshi to get him to eat it.
- The Many colors of Yoshi: While Baby Mario falls you will be able to collect coins. The more coins you collect the more eggs and speed you will get.
You start off with the Green Yoshi
- (Egg Capacity=20 Speed Level=1) once you collect 60 points you will get the light blue Yoshi(Egg Capacity=25 Speed Level=2) At 80 you will get the Pink Yoshi(Egg capacity=30 Speed Level=3) at 100 you will get the Blue Yoshi(Egg capacity=35 Speed Level=4) at 120 you will get the Yellow Yoshi(Egg capacity=40 Speed Level=5) at 140 you will get the Red Yoshi(Egg Capacity=45 Speed Level=6) at ??? you will get the ?? Yoshi(Egg Capacity=?? Speed Level=7).
- Yellow coins(1 Point)
- Blue Coins(2 Points)
- Red Coins(3 Points)
- Apple(1 egg)
- Banana(3 eggs)
- Watermelon(5 eggs)
- Grapes(10 eggs)
- Melon(20 eggs)
- POW Block(Destroys all onscreen enemies)
- Super Star(Become Super Baby of a while)
- Blusty- These creatures fly across the screen at varying speeds
- Shy Guy- Shy Guys walk along the ground until they encounter a hole blocking their path-then they turn around
- Brier- These critters don't move, but they are covered in spikes, they can't be trapped in bubbles. Hitting them with eggs is the only way to defeat them
- Gusty- These creatures mull about in one place. Watch their movements carefully before trying to defeat them.
- Toady- These little pests always home in on Yoshi and Baby Mario. Keep an eye out for them, because they're pesky and persistent.
- Fly Guy- These propeller-enhanced Shy Guys patrol the skies. They come in different colors, with different movements to match.
- Spiked Fun Guy- Hit this little guy with an egg to send him rolling backward along the ground. Knock him into other enemies to defeat him.