World 6 (SM3DL)
|World 6 (SM3DL)|
|Game||Super Mario 3D Land|
World 6' is the sixth world of Super Mario 3D Land. The background is of water with little ice patches on it, while there are clouds seen in the far background. The boss for this world is Pom Pom, who is found in the Airship at the end of the World.
 World 6-1
Mario starts off in a small area that is surrounded by rocks, he can continue by going to the right where he will cross a bridge with Cheep Cheeps jumping over the bridge and a Porcu-Puffer who takes out a piece of the bridge. There is also a Roulette Block on the bridge for Mario to hit. He will have to avoid Tail Goombas and Biddybuds before coming across a tightrope. If Mario stages on the tightrope for to long, he may get hit by a Porcu-Puffer. The next area has a Midway Flag and Binoculars. If Mario finds Toad, Toad will reveal a secret bonus area behind the waterfall that has three Roulette Blocks in it. Mario will have to cross one final bridge(with five Porcu-Puffers destroying the bridge) before making his way to the Flagpole to complete the level.
 Star Medals
- Star Medal 1: Behind the rocks at the start.
- Star Medal 2: After the Midway Flag, there is a pipe to the right that leads to an underwater area. Star Medal is high above the Pipe inside.
- Star Medal 3: Above the tightrope with the Flying Question Block
 World 6-2
This world takes place inside a pyramid. The two rooms contains spikes that will pop out from the ground and then back in, with a a Pokey in each room. The next area will have Mario go down an elevator to the next room with three Pokeys. The panels on the ground will raise up and one will allow Mario to get to the room above and make it to the Midway Flag. Mario will have to avoid more spikes before using an elevator to jump to another before Mario has to carefully cross a pit by using the spike platforms to get to the Warp Pipe. Inside the Warp Pipe is the end of the level to the Flagpole.
 Star Medals
- Star Medal 1: In the second room, behind the Pokey.
- Star Medal 2: In the room with the Three Pokeys, behind two Brick Blocks in the wall.
- Star Medal 3: After the Midway Flag, with the two platforms going up and down, jump to the left and collect it while avoiding the Spike Ball
 World 6-3
World 6-3 is another ghost house. Mario will start off in a room with three paintings, each with a hidden Warp Box behind them. In the Piano painting, Mario will be taken to a Giant Piano, where he can walk on the piano keys and collect a Star Medal if he hits the P-Switch Using the Warp Box, he will return to the room with the three paintings and the Piano Painting will have two coins in front of it. The Used Block painting will take Mario to a room with Used Blocks and Warp Boxes. There is also another Star Medal in this room. Mario will need to take the right Warp Box to make it back to the main room. The final painting will take Mario to a room with Boos and other ghost enemies. Mario will need to wait for the bookcase to move back so he can cross the platforms to reach another Warp Box that takes him to another room with moving book platforms. The next part will have him have to wait for the books to move out of his way as he crosses the level to two staircases. If Mario uses the staircases, he will get three Blue Timers. Using the tightrope, Mario will need to avoid a Big Boo to make it to the door that leads to the Flagpole.
 Star Medals
- Star Medal 1: After entering the room on the left at the start, hitting the P-Switch will have the Star Medal appear near the Jump Blocks for a small period of time.
- Star Medal 2: Is floating around in the middle room at the start.
- Star Medal 3: Floating around in the third room at the start.
 World 6-4
The main feature for World 6-4 is the Blue, Yellow, and Red platforms. These platforms will appear and disappear to a certain sound in the levels music so Mario has to quickly use the platforms to avoid falling. The first three are there for the player to learn. Once pass, Mario will encounter Prongo enemies that are covered in all spikes. They can only be defeated if they are knocked upside down and a Wallop that is blocking the door. Inside, Mario will encounter more Wallop's that will try to block Mario from crossing the Blue, Yellow and Red platforms before leading to the door to the Midway Flag. From here, Mario will come across a Red Ring and more Wallop's. Mario will need to continue to use these platforms, while avoiding spike bars before reaching the Flagpole.
 Star Medals
- Star Medal 1: After the Wallop, the Star Medal is above the door.
- Star Medal 2: Above the second door
- Star Medal 3: Above the rortating spike bar.
 World 6-5
For Mario to gain access to this level, he will need 60 Star Medals. Mario will land on a snow level with trampoline boxes. He will need to use them to climb through the first part of the level, while avoiding a Paragoomba and a stack Goomba. Next, Mario will have to use a moving trampoline box to progress with the level, while avoiding enemies and platforms that may get in his way. He can also collect a power-up in the Brick Blocks on the way. He will have to transfer from one moving trampoline box to another, before jumping through a square of Brick Blocks to get to the Midway Flag. From here, he will encounter more Goombas, a Red Ring and some stack Goombas before making his way back to a new trampoline box. He will continue to use the trampoline boxes before some Donut Lifts then back to trampoline boxes before making his way to the Flagpole.
 Star Medals
- Star Medal 1: Under a platform that the moving tampoline box goes under.
- Star Medal 2: At the third moving trampoline box, Mario will need to use it so he can wall jump up to the Star Medal.
- Star Medal 3: Directly above the first set of Donut Lifts
 World 6-Airship
Mario starts at the beginning of Airship with Brick Blocks, Question Block, Spike Pillars and a Rocky Wrench that throws Bob-ombs. The next part, he will need to avoid more Spike Pillars by waiting for them to raise up before he can progress. He will find three Brick Blocks, with one power-up and then a Star Medal before avoiding another Spike Pillar and Rocky Wrench. Next, he will have to use the trampoline boxes to avoid the Spike Pillars and climb up the screen before having to leap over the spike pillars to get to the pink airship with a Warp Pipe.
Inside the Warp Pipe is the boss for the world, Pom Pom. In this stage, there is fire on the floor that will make this battle a bit harder. Pom Pom will act similar to the last battle and Mario will need to jump on her head before she retreats to her shell and tries to squish Mario. Doing this two more times will defeat Pom Pom and have the Warp Pipe appear that takes him to the Airship with the Flagpole.
 Star Medals
- Star Medal 1: After the two spike pillars at the start behind two crates.
- Star Medal 2: Using the Arrow Blocks so Mario can reach the Star Medal.
- Star Medal 3: After the trampoline boxes, the Star Medal is at the top and a wall jump is needed.
This page has been accessed 1,459 times.