|World 1 (New Super Mario Bros. 2)|
|Game||New Super Mario Bros. 2|
World 1 in New Super Mario Bros. 2 would be a grassy plains land and it would be the first world of the game. It would be similar to the first world of New Super Mario Bros. and its music and appearance are similar to World 1 on New Super Mario Bros. Wii. There is a total of ten levels in this world, there is a fortress, a cannon, and the castle at the end which contains the boss Roy Koopa.
 World 1-Rainbow
This level can only be accessed if the timer ends with the two digits when the player completes a level in World 1. After this level has been completed, it will only be able to be accessed once more by using the same method above.
Mario will start off on a grassy plain with a green Warp Cannon that will shot him into the sky. He will land on a moving platform that will move left and there will be coins that fall from the sky when he lands. There are two Coin Roulette Blocks that come after this before more coins fall and even a 100 Gold Coin will appear. Past the 100 Gold Coin is another two Roulette Blocks before there is a larger Coin Roulette Block that has either 10, 50 or 100 coins. Before Mario has to jump off the platform, there will be more coins that fall down. Mario will have to fall down to bring him back to the World Map and add the coins he collected in the level to his overall coins.
 World 1-1
The first level of the game would start off with a ? Block that contains a coin. There is a Goomba after the block before a stack of colored blocks containing two sets of ? Blocks with one containing a power-up. Next there is a row of Note Blocks that is over an abyss and then the next ones will have a rectangular ? Block that will give two coins and another power-up. Next Mario will come across a Goomba Tower that is three Goombas high and then there is a green Koopa Troopa before a stack of colored blocks. This set will one Brick Block that will turn into a Gold Block after being hit several times. There would be more note blocks that will lead to the Checkpoint Flag and then another Goomba Tower with a stack of colored blocks that will have a power-up. There will be more Note Blocks that has a Star Coin inside a square of Brick Blocks. Right after that, there will be a Brick Block that is covering a hole. It can be ground pounded to collect coins before turning into a Gold Block and the player falls into a several cave. They will slide down the slope and defeat 4 Goombas before being able to hit a coin Roulette Block. After going up the pipe that leads to a coin heaven area, there will be a Goomba Tower before the last set of note blocks before the player will see a brick block and green pipe. When they are back on the ground, there will be a stack of colored blocks with a 8 Goomba tall Goomba Tower before reaching the Flagpole to finish the level.
When playing the Coin Rush mode of the game, the player will only have 50 seconds to complete it instead of the regular 100 seconds.
 Star Coins
- Star Coin 1: Will be located above the first set of Note Blocks. Players can use the Brick Blocks to reach it.
- Star Coin 2: After the Checkpoint Flag, there will be a set of Note Blocks with a Star Coin encased in Brick Blocks. The blocks can be broken by Super Mario. A fountain of coins will come out after collecting it.
- Star Coin 3: After entering the pipe near the end of the level, the player will be shot into coin heaven where there is a path of coins that lead to the final Star Coin.
 World 1-2
Mario will start the level off on a grassy plain that contains a green Koopa that is on top of the Brick Blocks that has a red POW Block next to it. When the POW Block has been hit, it will destroy the Brick Block and overturn the Koopa. After the POW Block has been used, it will turn into a Used Block. Entering the pipe, the player will automatically use the ground pound and hit a POW Block at the bottom. This level will contain many Koopa Troopas and red POW Blocks that will destroy any Brick Block that doesn't contain coins or power-ups. The player will come across several Brick Blocks that has three Koopas and two POW Blocks with one helping to collect the Star Coin. There will be a green and gold pipe after, one which will take the player into a room with another Star Coin. There will be moving platforms that appear after before the player will reach a pipe that can turn fireballs into coins before releasing a Mega Mushroom. There would be several Koopas and Piranhas before reaching the Checkpoint Flag and Mega Mario can break several blocks before obtaining the final Star Coin that is between two sets of moving platforms. At the end there will be a pipe that takes the player back up to the overworld that has a set of brick Blocks that has a POW Block before reaching the flagpole.
 Star Coins
- Star Coin 1: The first Star Coin is located in several Brick Blocks where the player will need to use the two POW Blocks to reach it.
- Star Coin 2: After going down the first gold Warp Pipe, the player will need to hit the P-Switch and dash to the Star Coin while avoiding the Koopas.
- Star Coin 3: The player will need to use the Mega Mushroom found in the black Warp pipe. The player has to run to the right and use Mega Mario to break the blocks that surround the Star Coin.
 World 1-3
Starting off on a bridge that is in front of a tree that's located on a hill. The player will be able to go on top of these trees as Raccoon Mario. After going down the hill, the player will come across a platform with a Snake Block going around it. There will be two Brick Blocks and a Question Block with one containing a Super Leaf. Jumping over the player can use the ground to build up the P meter to fly to the top of the tree where they can collect a bunch of coins before flying to the next tree where there will be a bunch of Brick Blocks that can either be broken or collect coins from, one will turn into a Gold Block after hitting it several times. Jumping down onto the ground, the player can build the P meter again to get on top of the third tree that contains one of the Star Coins before the player can drop down to the Checkpoint Flag. After the Checkpoint Flag there will be two platforms with two Snake Blocks. Hovering above are two Brick Blocks and two Question Blocks with one that contains a Super Leaf. Further on there will be a pipe with Goombas coming out of it. Past that, there will be a Red Ring with the Red Coins falling from the sky in pairs. After the last Red Coin, there will be four Brick Blocks that will block the way to collecting the final Star Coin unless the player is Raccoon Mario. A Roulette Block would be found a little further down and the player will need to use the Snake Block to hit the block. Once past the Roulette Block, the player will run up a hill that will lead to the flagpole.
 Star Coins
In order to collect all of the Star Coins, the player will need to be Raccoon Mario.
- Star Coin 1: Will be on the top of the third tree. A line of coins will indicate where the player will need to fly.
- Star Coin 2: After the Checkpoint Flag, there will be a pipe that Goombas come out of and the player will need to fly on top of that tree to find a pipe. This pipe will take Mario into the sky where the Star Coin will be found in mid-air.
- Star Coin 3: Just before the Roulette Block, there is a section blocked off by four Brick Blocks. Using Raccoon Mario, the player can break the blocks to reach the Star Coin.