|Special World 1 (SM3DL)|
|Game||Super Mario 3D Land|
Special World 1 is the first world of the Special Worlds which are unlocked after you beat the first eight worlds. This world takes place in a very similar area as World 1-1 with tall mushroom hills in the background along with Warp Pipes. The world features Dry Bowser as it's boss with him being fought at the end of the castle level Special World 1-5.
 Special World 1-1
This level is a remake of the World 2-1 level and starts out in a grassy area with wooden stumps. The Statue Leaf makes it's very first appearance here as well with the stumps serving as good test subjects for it's abilities. After Mario or Luigi head down a few grass steps they will encounter three Spinys, along with the same arch seen in World 2-1. There will be two stacks of two brick blocks along the way to a left turn, along with a ? Block which spits a coin every time it's hit. In the area to the left another ? Block will be near which holds a Poison Mushroom. Again there will be another turn that features more Spinies and an Invincibility Star sitting on a flat rock. After this star is obtained Mario can take out the other Spinies hanging around easily. A little later there is another right turn with more Spinies and three large grass steps, just to the left of the steps there is a bouncy mushroom which has a hidden block above it. This block when hit releases a Statue Leaf. When Mario gets up the steps he will encounter another Invincibility Star which he can then use to take out the unnamed spiky enemies. After a couple jumps he will end up by a third set of grass stairs which lead to bouncy mushrooms. After he bounces across these he will come to more, bouncing up these in turn will lead to a large open area which includes more spiky enemies and the end of level flag.
 Star Medals
- Star Medal 1: There is a tall area to the left of the second set of grass steps, the Star Medal is located up here above a brick block.
- Star Medal 2: The second Star Medal is located to the left of the bouncy mushrooms that lead to the end of the level. Mario must bounce high and to the left to grab it.
- Star Medal 3: The third and finale Star Medal is located in the area with the end of level flag. Mario will have to head to the bottom of the screen until he sees a grass path which leads to three wooden platforms. At the end of these sits the Star Medal just above a grass platform.
 Special World 1-2
This level is a remake of World 1-2 but features a Cosmic Clone and different enemies. The level starts out in an area with many Spinies and spikes to avoid while the player is being chased by a Cosmic Clone, after this there will be an area of crumbling rock platforms Mario will have to scale. Later on leading up to the mid-way flag there will be more Spinies and spikes to avoid, plus some ? blocks. After the mid-way flag there will be some coins to collect in a room type area. After Mario leaves this he will come across a spiked roller, and beyond this more Spinies and a bouncy mushroom. Shortly after this there will be a wooden bridge with more spiky rollers to avoid on it. After the bridge there will be another bouncy mushroom which when bounced on will lead to a floor above at the very top of the screen. Mario will have to head to the left, collect a few coins and drop down to the Warp Pipe at the end of the path. The Warp Pipe will than lead to a grassy area were the end of level flag is. Also in the area there will be a Invincibility Star to use on the Cosmic Clone, after this Mario will be free to end the level.
 Star Medals
- Star Medal 1: The first Star Medal is located on the crumbling rock platforms, Mario will have to spend more time on them in order to grab this one.
- Star Medal 2: The second Star Medal is found beyond the midway flag and is located above the first swinging spiked roller. Mario will have to go in the vicinity of the roller to grab it.
- Star Medal 3: The third one is found shortly after the second one. It is located over a small cliff, and Mario will have to use the bouncy mushroom there to grab it.
 Special World 1-3
This level is made after World 2-3 but it is quite different and takes place at night, with stars shining in the background. The level consists of gigantic pixel block characters as they would appear in Super Mario Bros.. The level starts out on a large block platform that's a ? Block, there is nothing on this area expect a cannon. After Mario blasts through the first ring he sees he will end up on a very large Goomba shaped pixel block island which contains an item box along with a couple Bowser Boxes that spawn Goombas. On the top of the giant Goombas head there will be a second cannon. This time the ring to shoot though will be red and when shot through will make red coins appear on the next area of the level which is a huge pixel block cloud platform. There will be the Red Coins to collect plus a few gold ones and another cannon. After Mario blasts off through another gold ring he will be on a large Bullet Bill platform this time with many Bullet Bills and Flying ? Blocks. There will be secrets to find here, along with a 100 timer. The cannon will be sitting near the top left side corner. After Mario blasts through yet another gold ring he will find himself on a giant pixel Cheep Cheep this time. On the Cheep Cheep there is couple POW switches to hit along with a couple ? Blocks. One of the ? Blocks Mario can wear on his head and get coins from it, there is also another 100 second timer found here. The cannon is again located by the top left corner. In the cannons view there will be a 1-UP mushroom Mario can target to get safely to the other area. This next area contains the end of level flag and is set up just like a level in Super Mario Bros.. There is a fake wooden Warp Pipe here along with a POW switch which makes coins appear for Mario to follow up to the flag. Mario can than jump on the flag poll ending the level.
 Star Medals
- Star Medal 1: The first Star Medal is located on a smaller platform slightly to the left of the very first platform that Mario starts out on. The cannon is used to get to it and collect the coin there.
- Star Medal 2: Star Medal 2 is again located on a smaller platform to the side of the cloud one. The cannon on the cloud is used to blast to it.
- Star Medal 3: The third medal is located on the last smaller pixel island off the side of the pixel Cheep Cheep. The cannon on the Cheep Cheep is used to get to the last pixel platform with the third medal.
 Special World 1-4
This level is a tropical one featuring water and palm trees and is a remake of World 6-1. The level starts out in an area with a fence and some rocks it then takes a left turn and there is a long bridge with Boomerang Bros. on it. After this there is a tight rope with a Red Coin circle and some Para Goomba's to avoid or defeat. After this there is another grassy area with a Boomerang Bro.. Beyond this there is another short tight rope with three more Para Goomba's flying in stack fashion. After this there is a large grassy area which contains the mid way flag, there are also some secrets here. Mario will than take a Warp Box to another smaller grassy area that has some ? Blocks and Brick Blocks lined up. One of the ? Blocks holds a Poison Mushroom the others hold coins. After this there is more tight ropes with another Para Goomba, and beyond these is another shorter bridge with another Boomerang Bro.. This will than lead to a larger grassy area with some grass steps and the end of level flag. Another Boomerang Bro. will be encountered here.
 Star Medals
- Star Medal 1: Located at the very beginning of the level on the right most rock.
- Star Medal 2: Star Medal 2 is located right after the first tight rope, and a wall jump is needed to acquire it.
- Star Medal 3: This finale Star Medal is located by the second tight robes. It can be found above the highest on that's on a slant.
 Special World 1-5
This level is the castle of the stage and is a remake of the World 1-5 castle expect Mario only has 30 seconds to get through the level. This being he must collect 10 second timers scattered on the course. It starts out with Mario having to drop down to an area with carpet and a brick bridge over lava. A Spiky enemy will be encountered here. After this there is two spinning wheels over the lava that must be navigated along with a line of fire balls that rotate. A timer is located here. After this there is another area with carpet and there is a triple ? Block here. After this there is a wooden platform that moves up and down, which leads to a grated bridge with fire balls to avoid. More timers are found here. Beyond this is another carpeted area where two Hammer Bros. are encountered. Another small grate will be crossed after this and it will lead to a very large carpeted area with a spiky enemy at the beginning of it. Later on the path will get thinner and there will be more fire balls to avoid. After this there will be a tall wall by the path with Thwomps to avoid and more timers to collect. The player can scale the wall with wall jumps if they wish, on top will be more timers. After this there will be a thin brick path with torches and a spiky enemy. After this section there will be a carpeted area which leads to Dry Bowser. After this Dry Bowser is fought, the player must reach the end of the bridge and stomp on the switch there. This will result in the bridge being destroyed which sends Dry Bowser into the lava. After this a door will open which reveals a path to the end of level flag.
 Star Medals
- Star Medal 1: Before the wooden platform that rises the first Star Medal can be found floating above the Triple ? Block.
- Star Medal 2: There is a carpeted area with a Spiky enemy and two coins on a area that sticks up. The second Star Medal is located off the left top corner.
- Star Medal 3 The finale Star Medal is located above on of the Thwomps which can be accessed using a wall jump or other technique.