As a People
The Pianta are the inhabitant species of Isle Delfino in Super Mario Sunshine. They have human resemblance, but they can have pink, blue, green, orange, or yellow skin. The Piantas also have small palm trees growing out of their heads. They wear grass skirts or dresses. The Pinatas are, for most part, friendly and laid back.
Piantas share their home with the Nokis. The Nokis live most of the time in Noki Bay, but they can be seen walking around main Isle Delfino.
The Pianta have a substantial demand for fruit so merchants make a living by selling fruit from their many trees. One certain Pianta collects money by throwing you to a building from his rooftop. They are usually strong so don't find them in certain game levels throwing you around.
 Pianta in Person
Some Piantas you have to approach personally thus you know their names. Some are:
- Delfino Police ~ Super Mario Sunshine
- Don Pianta ~ Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
- Francesca Pianta ~ Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
- Hotel Manager ~ Super Mario Sunshine
- Rocko ~ Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
- Pianta Attorney ~ Super Mario Sunshine
- Tony ~ Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
- Pianta Judge ~ Super Mario Sunshine