Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is the 2nd game in the Paper Mario series. It is the longest game in the series, possibly second only to the first Paper Mario.
Princess Peach is on vacation in Rougeport Town, and finds a map that leads to a legendary treasure! She sends the map to Mario, who will aid her in her hunt. To find the treasure it involves collecting 7 objects called Star Stones. However, before Mario arrives, she is kidnapped by a dragon by the name of Hooktail. It's now up to Mario and a team of quirky characters to save the Princess and defeat a mysterious new villain..
Paper Mario 2 features a unique blend of 2D/3D fighting that allows the gamer complete leverage while fighting. During the game Mario uses completely unique abilities such as folding himself up into a paper airplane and exploring. These unique abilities and new innovations fuse together very new, innovative gameplay
- First and last Paper Mario game on the Gamecube
- Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door combines turn-based battles with action elements.
- Timing Action Commands help you dodge or inflict damage and impress the crowd to give you power for super attacks.
- Fold into a paper airplane and take to the air, turn sideways to slip through narrow passages and roll into a tube to bounce to safety
- Buy new abilities at the badge shop!
- Different mini games, such as a quiz show or the ability to control Bowser in a sidescrolling action sequence.
- All new characters