Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
|Release Date(s)|| Europe: July 12, 2013|
Australia: July 13, 2013
Japan: July 18, 2013
North America: August 11, 2013
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (Mario & Luigi RPG 4: Dream Adventure in Japan and Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. in Europe and Australia) is the fourth installment to the Mario & Luigi Series and an upcoming title for the Nintendo 3DS. It is scheduled to be released in Europe on July 12th, Australia on the 13th, Japan on the 18th and August 11th in North America.
Dream Team is one of the new titles that is part of the "Year of Luigi" to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Luigi's first appearance. Because of this, he will have a bigger role in this game than he does in past Mario & Luigi games. There will also be a special edition of the Nintendo 3DS XL that will have Luigi themed print that is being released in Japan and it will include a digital version of this game on its SD card.
Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Toadsworth and the Toads are all invited to Pi'illo Island to travel the island and see the sights. During the sightseeing of Pi'illo Island, Luigi decides to take a nap on a special pillow that opens a portal to a place called the Dream World. Luigi's nap allows Antasma to pull Princess Peach into the dream world. It is later explained that there is two powers found in the Dream World, the Dreamstone and the Darkstone, though the later was destroyed by Antasma in order to create chunks and turn the residents of Pi'illo Island to stone. It is up to Mario and Luigi to rescuee the princess and free the frozen Pi'llows.
Mario & Luigi: Dream Teams gameplay will shift from Luigi's dream world, where Mario and Luigi will move in 2-D fashion and the real world, where they roam freely on the overworld. When Mario is playing inside Luigi's dreams, Starlow will be able to move Luigi's face to affect the area that Mario is in. Battles will be able to give the players coins. The game features a new art style because of the shift to 3D. Badges will make a return in this game.
- Antasma, the antagonist.
- Dreambert, leader of the Pi'llows
- Eldream, someone who may possibly help Mario and Luigi
- Princess Peach
- Citizens of an unknown village, some of which resemble brown Hoohooligans.
- A multi-colored owl race.
- Broque Monsieur and an entire block race based on him.
- Unkown Character in Red with Blue shoes.
- Purple rock-like enemies with brown, Goomba-like feet.
- Gray rock-like enemies with hands, with faces similar to Junior Shrooboid's or Shrooboid Brat's. They attack in the overworld by tossing boulders.
- Storks, orange drill enemies
- Golden drill enemies
- Pink creatures with green leaves on their heads
- Orange spheres with spikes on their heads
- White ghost-like creatures with black eyes
- A purple, pink and peach goo monster
- A dumbbell-like creature
- A pink and yellow moth creature
- Blue Fly Guys
- Crab-like creatures similar to Sidesteppers.
- Attack Piece Blocks
- 10 Gold Coins
- Super Mushrooms
- Super Nuts
- Super Syrup
- 1-Up Mushrooms
- 1-Up Mushroom+s
- Refreshing Herbs
- Ghost Cookies
 Battle System
Like past Mario & Luigi titles, the battle system in the overworld does not change. But during the Dream World battles, they are different as Mario will fight with Luigi's dream power. There will be now five categories of attack which are Jump, Hammer, Item, Luigi's face(or Bros. Items in Dream World), and Flee. Mario & Luigi can battle more then five enemies in one battle in the game and the Rank feature makes a return.
- Mushroom Rank
 Bros. Attacks
- Fire Flower
- A Propeller Block lie flying disk that allows them to fly and land on the enemy.
- 3D Red Shell
 Luiginary Attacks
- Balancing on a ball of Luigis and kicking it strongly near the enemies.
- Dream World
- Pi'illo Island where the game takes place.
- Pi'illo Castle
- A town that is inhabited by brown creatures.
- A quarry area with fences on the floor and rock enemies.
- A grassy area with mountains.
- A grassy area with flowers.
- An area with a wooden floor with an orange drill and purple slime enemies.
- A dark blue void area with Luigi's face in the background and the words "Don't Leave me behind, big brother!" passing through the screen.