Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
(Redirected from Luigi's Mansion 2)
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is the sequel to Luigi's Mansion. It was released March 20th, 2013 in Japan, March 24th, 2013 in North America, and March 28th, 2013 in Europe.
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon will contain at least six mansions and will introduce the Poltergust 5000, which is an upgrade from the Poltergust 3000 since in the first Luigi's Mansion. It will be able to suck up ghosts and as well have several new features. The game will have multiple missions and mission-based challenges.
Professor E. Gadd has been doing research about the ghosts in Evershade Valley, when one night King Boo suddenly appears and shatters the Dark Moon. The pieces of the Moon are scattered into each mansion of the valley, where the once friendly ghosts, are now evil.
While at home, Luigi is sleeping while watching the TV, until E. Gadd appears on the television screen and informs him about the situation. E. Gadd then uses the Pixelator to transport Luigi through the screen to Evershade Valley to help search for the broken pieces of the Dark Moon.
After the Dark Moon is shattered, Luigi will have find the Dark Moon pieces. There is a total of six mansions so far confirmed(one mansion is used for multiplayer mode), which will have multiple mansions inside of each of them. The Poltergust 5000 is also new to the game and is the upgrade to the Poltergust 3000. Shining a light with the flashlight no longer stuns all of the ghosts, so now the players will have to activate the Strobulb to stun them. The Flash Light now has a new featured called the Dark-Light, where it will shine a rainbow-colored light to find things like a path of a Boo or invisible objects. E. Gadd will give Luigi the Dual Scream, which is just an original Nintendo DS and act like the Game Boy Horror did in Luigi's Mansion. It will display the map on the 3DS's bottom screen. Like the previous game, cash and gems will help for the mission score and as well upgrades to the Poltergust 5000.
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon will also include a multiplayer mode in the game called Scarescraper or Trill Tower in the PAL version. This mode will include a series of floors where four players are able to play on. The Scarescraper will choose the amount of rooms that will range from five to infinite. This mode will be local and online multiplayer. There will be three modes in this mode:
- Hunter Mode - Players will catch all ghosts before proceeding to the next floor.
- Rush Mode - Players have to reach the hatch in the allotted time.
- Polterpup Mode - Players will have to chase and capture all Polterpups.
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon features different themed mansions that Luigi is able to explore, thanks to E. Gadd's new teleport system. Each mansion will have its own number of missions. It will have six mansions to play in (one is only exclusive to multiplayer).
- Gloomy Manor - A standard mansion. (Like the mansion in the previous game)
- Haunted Towers - Forest themed.
- Old Clockworks - Clockwork mansion found in a desert environment.
- Secret Mine - A snowy mansion.
- Treacherous Mansion - The longest mansion in the game where King Boo can be found. It is a museum-themed styled mansion that contains exhibits of past mansions on the 1st floor.
- ScareScraper ( or Trill Tower in PAL versions) - The multiplayer exclusive mansion that has as little as 5 rooms or an endless amount.
- Bunker - E. Gadd's Lab.
 Items and Treasures
- Treasure Chests
- Gold Bars
- Gold Bones - Used as extra lives and a Polterpup will take one to revive Luigi.
- Amethysts - Collection of gemstones from Gloomy Manor.
- Emeralds - Collection of gemstones from Haunted Towers.
- Rubies - Collection of gemstones from Old Clockworks.
- Sapphires - Collection of gemstones from Secret Mine.
- Diamonds - Collection of gemstones from Treacherous Mansion.
These are the enemies found in Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. Some Ghosts will have sunglasses that will protect them from the strobe light. These sunglasses can be vacuumed before being captured.
- Greenie - Is the basic ghost of the game. It is green and has 10 HP and will appear in different forms.
- Gold Greenie- A Greenie who is gold due to the large sum of money it possesses.
- Slammer - Red burly ghost with 30 HP.
- Hider- Blue ghost with 15 HP and will throw things at Luigi.
- Sneaker- A medium sized purple ghost who likes to play tricks.
- Creeper- These purple grounded ghosts will give Luigi a painful hug.
- Strong Greenie- A Greenie who has been induced with high strength.
- Strong Slammer- A Slammer who has been induced with high strength.
- Strong Hider- A Hider who has been induced with high strength.
- Strong Sneaker- A Sneaker who has been induced with high strength.
- Strong Gobber- A Gobber who has been induced with high strength.
- Gobber - A large and slow yellow ghost with 50 HP. It can throw goo at Luigi.
- Polterpups - A white ghost dog that will be friend or enemy in Scarescraper. They will revive Luigi when he loses all health and take one Gold Dog Bone.
- Mummy-like ghost that will rise from the ground.
- Suits of armor that will swing their swords if Luigi gets to close.
- Spiders (red, gold, purple, and brown)
- Gates that are similar to the vines that blocked the doors in Luigi's Mansion. Those these gates will not only block doors, but paths as well.
- Robotic-like bombs that will be activated or deactivated by the strobe light. There seems to be a gold version.
- Carnivorous plants.
- Yellow-Green ghost that appears in multiplayer. It seems to have at least 398 HP.
- Beds that will jump and change place.
- Spirit Ball-A specimen with the power to cause illusions
- A giant, purple spider that gets possessed by a large pink Ghost that will chase Luigi. It is found in Gloomy Manor.
- Stairs that are possessed by a ghost in Haunted Towers.
- Coo Coo Bird that get's possessed along with a clock.
- Ice that gets possessed and turns into a face.
- King Boo
 Sub Bosses
- Poltergeist(Gloomy Manor)
- The Three Sisters : A fat purple one, a small yellow one and a slim Light-Blue one.(Haunted Towers)
- Guard Hall
- Front Yard
- Dining Room
- Common Hall
- Secret Pocket
- Chalet Approach
- Chalet Porch
- Ice Lake
- Fishing Hut
- Ice Cave
- Ice Hall
- Mine Tunnel
- Mirror Hall
- Crystal Pond
- Elevator Landing
- Mudroom Exterior
- Safe Room
- Clockworks Court
- Clock Tower Gate
- Cargo Room
- Drafting Office
- A pyramid themed room.
- A Courtyard that features plants that will give a key when they are flashed with the strobe light.
- A Greenhouse
- A Bathroom
- A Lab like room
- A Graveyard
- A Room that has a door blocked with glass. It has blue floating orbs as well.
- A snow filled room
- A living room that sees Luigi get sucked in the chimney.
- A bedroom with giant spider-webs. There is a bed that will flip over when sat on.
- A cellar type area with sand piles that slow Luigi down
- A kitchen.
- A clock-like room.
- A room with a large staircase that could possibly lead to the final boss.
- An Arts studio.
- An elevator Luigi would get trapped in.
- A room with dolls, a doll house and a big doll whose head follows Luigi.
- A hallway with water dripping.
- A roof with a staircase that comes to life.
- A room with a giant clock on the floor that spins around suddenly.
- A flooded basement.
- A living room with armchairs and a gramophone.
- A pool.
- A room with an Organ that is overgrown with plants.
- A empty cave that was used as an excavation site.
- A room containing giant gears.
- An ice slide with spiders.
- A corridor blocked up with cobwebs.
- A canal.
- A workshop with a sarcophagus that Luigi gets sucked into.
- A pyramid room with a destructible wall.
- Another lab.
- A outer walkway on Haunted Towers.
- A room containing a fake door.
- A room that contains knights and paintings.
- Front Yard.
- A Crypt.
 Nintendo eShop Description
This action-filled follow-up to the original Luigi's Mansion for the Nintendo GameCube launches for the Nintendo 3DS this holiday. Players can expect more haunted mansions to explore and new ways for Luigi to take on a wild assortment of ghosts in this new adventure. In addition to using the strobe function of his flashlight to stun ghosts, Luigi must solve various puzzles and reveal hidden details in the environment to unlock new areas in the mansions.
Related ThreadsLuigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on Wii U (Not Announced, Just a Discussion) - last post by @ Aug 19, 2012
Next Level talk Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon development, struggles, multiplayer and MUCH more - last post by @ Mar 18, 2013
Capturing the ghosts with Poltergeist - Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - last post by @ Jun 24, 2013
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon to Feature Local Multiplayer - last post by Gotenks @ Feb 22, 2013
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon To Be Released First Half of 2013 - last post by @ Nov 8, 2012
This page has been accessed 11,672 times.