|Debut Appearance||Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island|
|Latest Appearance||Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games|
|Sub-Species|| Leaf Guy|
Mecha Fly Guy
Whirly Fly Guy
The Fly Guy is a sub-species of the Shy Guy It would look similar to the Shy Guy except that it will have a propeller on its head that is used to fly. It can be used for various jobs, such as carrying items, like a bomb, or coins.
 Game History
The Fly Guy would make its first appearance in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. They would be used for carrying Red Coins, 1-Ups, Coins, ? Clouds or bombs. They would sometimes swoop down carrying a ? Cloud or Red Coin, and if the player doesn't collect them in time, the Fly Guy will fly away.
They would make a return in Yoshi's Story, usually in groups of four. If they are defeated with one egg, then Yoshi will be rewarded with a melon. They would be found on Stage 3-3: Poochy and Nippy, Stage 3-4: Frustration, and Stage 5-3: Shy Guy Limbo.
They would behave similar like they did in the original, except they would not carry bombs and their laugh is much higher pitched. 5 of them would appear with one carrying a Red Coin, 2 with 1-Ups, and 2 with coins.
- Super Mario 64 - appears in Shifting Sand Land, Tiny-Huge Island, Snowman's Land and Rainbow Cruise.
- Mario Party 5 - they appear to be responsible for the duel mini-games.
- Mario Party 6 - appear only in cameos.
- Mario Party 8 - appear on boxart.
- Mario Power Tennis - appeared to be an unlockable player.
- Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - appeared as enemies in Star Hill.
- Mario Hoops 3 on 3 - appeared as a tricky player.
Related ThreadsFlying Tips - last post by @ Aug 14, 2006
the flying troopers=frog coins! - last post by @ Dec 7, 2005