|Game(s) Mini-Game is in|| Mario Superstar Baseball|
Mario Super Sluggers
|Objective||Hit as many Home-Runs as you can|
|Hosting Stadium||Mario Stadium|
 Rules and Objective
The Objective is relatively simple. You simply must hit as many Home-Runs as possible. To start the game, simply pick a character and then choose a level. After that is determined, you will get the chance to bat 10 times. There is a pitching machine on the pitching mound that will throw Bob-ombs at you at various speeds. To smack it out of the park, simply use a Charge Swing and let it rip. You will always be able to hit a Home-Run as the Bob-omb will always be hit by the sweet spot on the bat. The speed at which the Bob-omb will be hurled from the pitching machine depends on the image that shows up on the roulette wheel:
- Mushroom- The Bob-omb will be slow and easy to hit a long way.
- Fire Flower- The Bob-omb will come at a normal rate of Speed.
- Star- The Bob-omb will come at a rate of speed equal to a fastball.
- Fireball- The Bob-omb will come as fast as Mario and Luigi's Star Special Pitches. These are the hardest ones to hit.
- Big Bob-omb- Bigger Bob-ombs that give out extra points if they are hit out of the park.
- Question Mark: Any speed above besides a Big Bob-omb will be possible.
While hitting as many Home-Runs as you can is the main objective, the way to get the most points is by simply hitting Home-Runs in succession. By doing this, you will get what are called Combo Points. The more Home-Runs you hit in succession, the more Combo Points you get with each Home-Run. This is especially useful when playing against others for the most overall points.
 Mini-Game Levels
There are four levels for this Mini-Game:
- Mushroom Level- Belt 1000 points worth of Bob-ombs.
- Fire Flower Level- Belt 1500 points worth of Bob-ombs.
- Star Level- Belt 2000 points worth of Bob-ombs.
- Special Level- Belt as many points worth of Bob-ombs as possible.
On the Special Level, you can play with up to 4 players. With more than one player, each player takes 3 turns at a time and the Big Bob-omb is always the last Bob-omb for each player.
- Did you know that many of the Rules for the Bob-omb Derby have similarities to the real life Home-Run Derby that Major League Baseball(MLB) holds every year?
- The pitching machine used in Superstar Baseball has many similarities to the F.L.U.D.D. device that has been used by Mario in various other games.
Related ThreadsIf you were a bob-omb what would you do??? - last post by @ Apr 15, 2009
Boss plus level DK-5+ (Bob-ombs and conveyors) - help - last post @ Jul 11, 2012
the bob-omb brothers *chapter7- may be a spoiler for some* - last post by @ Oct 20, 2004
How to kill a King Bob-omb. - last post by @ Aug 8, 2011
How to kill a Bob-Omb. - last post by @ Oct 2, 2011